The Other Woman's House

This is a suspenseful read with a complicated and provocative plot. Hannah does an excellent job of creating a intriguing novel. However, the story was not easy for me to get into and for the first five or six chapter’s I was having difficulty fully following what was going on. One reason for my confusion is Connie, one of the main narrators comes off as mentally unbalanced. I was frustrated, questioning was I reading the delusions of a mad woman. Additionally, there are a lot of characters some of whom are not very necessary and take away from the story. Since this is Hannah's sixth book featuring detectives Charlie and Simon, perhaps some of these other characters were more fully developed in her previous novels. Maybe Hannah is providing readers with a glimpse into how these other character's are managing. (This was my first Hannah book so I'm  just guessing.) Nevertheless once I was fully invested I did not want to put the book down. I wanted to find out what was really going on with these bizarre characters. I would recommend this book and look forward to reading other Sophie Hannah mysteries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment