Fifty Shades Freed


Finally, the last book in the series! I am still greatly perturbed by the immaturity of the couple as well as why Ana tolerates the controlling nature of Christian. To be fair, by the second and third book the punishments bestowed on by Christian have ended, but his need to control is ever present. Is this what women really want in a relationship? Are obscene amounts of wealth worth complete loss of independence?  I see the character of Ana as weak. She is so enamored by complicated sex and wealth that she jumps into this unhealthy relationship.
E L James ends the series, retelling parts of the book from Christian’s perspective. I felt this was unnecessary and boring. Ending this way further confirmed for me that these books were a waste of my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment