Home Front


This is chic lit at it’s finest. I am a tad embarrassed to report how much I enjoy Kristin Hannah’s books. I was secretly overjoyed when I found that one of our volunteers had left me this read. Hannah writes heart-touching page-turners. They always provide a healthy dose of needed escapism. However, be prepared. Home Front was much sadder and deeper then most of Hannah’s works. She took a somber, challenging subject and did not gloss over its seriousness, which is often the case in chic literature. She made all the character suffer. Although we have a positive ending, getting there takes real work from each of the characters.

My next read is Honolulu by Alan Brennert. I really enjoyed Moloka’i, thus I have high hopes for his second novel. I’m looking forward to diving into a historical fiction book. It feels like it has been a long time. 

1 comment:

  1. Therefore nice post. It is definitely a nice subject. There are numerous topic was ignored. With your post We have actually eliminated my own bogus point. I'm sure in the event you hold to you that invokes you will be coming back as being a common copy writer in this particular community. At least I declare continue.. Thanks.
    Rent to Own Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete